Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Registering

This past Saturday my HTB and I registered at Target. We wanted to choose three stores that would offer a wide variety of things we needed for our home and to start our life together.

We have registered with Pampered Chef, Crate and Barrel, and Target. I was able to do the Pampered Chef registry all online. My aunt is a sales representative, and I L-O-V-E their products! You can check her site out here to learn more.

Our registry experience at Target was a little rough. We came into the store on a Saturday afternoon...which in retrospect was a bad idea. The customer service crew was not helpful. They directed us to a computer where we were to type in some information to establish our registry. They failed to tell us that we were using a computer which often does not print. We found that out when it failed to print and were told that we had made the mistake of using the wrong computer...grr...

So after being directed to a computer terminal that worked, we couldn't find the correct screen we had to be at to print out the needed information to get our scanner gun. Ok...so after being yelled at from across the room we were able to successfully print!

Now we had a scanner in hand and were off to the races. I chose Target because I wanted to get towels, table linens, some small kitchen appliances, yard games like badminton, and some home decor as well. When we started to scan items they rang up wrong. For example, I was scanning a serving dish and I was suddenly registered for a TV Stand. The other issue we had was we were told not to scan items that were on clearance as they were more season items. I can understand this, but they had all of their table linens on clearance. (Go check it out if you are in the market!) So I will have to add those items later or online.

All in all the experience wasn't my best. The customer service was poor, the equipment (scanner and computer) didn't fully function as advertised, and the items I wanted were on clearance and wouldn't be available in September.


What Will I Pick?



This Scanner Is Smokin' From All The Scanning!


Anybody else have a bad registry experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment